Thursday 22 January 2015

3 Reasons Why an Introvert and Extrovert Make a Great Couple






Do opposites attract?

Read and learn from a marriage from this mix 

Lately there’s been a stream of posts talking about the advantages of being an introvert, so it’s only natural extroverts have shared their own pride as well.

Instead of bickering back and forth about which one is better, why not step across the line and find a potential soul mate?

I’m an extrovert. My wife is an introvert. You can diagnose yourself as an extrovert if large crowds get you revved up. If big groups drain you, you’re an introvert. Crowds invigorate me, while Tracy prefers quality time alone at home.

Being an introvert or an extrovert has nothing to do with your social skills. I can be extremely awkward. Even though Tracy is an introvert, she’s always on point in front of a crowd.

Articles about dating an introvert make it seem like they are a chore, but effort is important in any relationship. Extroverts and introverts can make the perfect couples. According to Myers Briggs, my wife and I are the perfect fit, but we already knew that.

There are 3 reasons why an introvert and extrovert make a great pair for dating and relationships:

  • Balance: An extrovert has no balance at a party. Walking into a huge crowd is like crack. I bounce off the walls (sometimes literally) all night. For Kristen, it’s a cess pool. She’s ready to go a couple of hours in. (Unless of course she’s engaged in a deep, one-on-one conversation). The great thing about being with her is she pulls me back to reality. Instead of staying out until 4 a.m., she gives me the cue, and I snap out of my catnip craze.

  • Stretch: I’ve stretched her to go to more events, and she’s stretched me to actually enjoy time alone. Growth happens individually and as a couple when you go outside your comfort zones. Just like yoga, stretching doesn’t feel so great at the time, but dang, you feel good afterwards.

  • Addition: Together we are more dynamic as a couple. I stay surface, and she goes deep. When I’ve checked out in one-on-one conversations, she asks insightful questions, and keeps the conversation going.

 Introverts and extroverts go together. Even in extrovert-extrovert relationships, one will always be more extroverted than the other at one point or another. The same rules apply. Opposites can and do attract.

YEAH! That's it. you guys can work. remember compromise is very important in all relationship types.


Having problems with your introvert or extrovert partner?


You can either place a comment or send me an email to make the discussion personal.


No comments:

Post a Comment